There is literally nothing easier than throwing something on a sheet of puff pastry when you have guests over at the last minute. I always keep a box in my freezer for those desperate times. In this recipe I’ve used a spread of tangy gorgonzola with shaved zucchini, a hint of sage adds an earthy kick. This little video shows the process of making this super simple tart, I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (200 grams) gorgonzola cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt + extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 medium sized zucchini, shaved into thin strips with a peeler
- handful of cherry tomatoes,
- extra virgin olive oil
- thyme sprigs (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400F/204C. Unfold the puff pastry sheet and if necessary roll out into a rectangle shape. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a bowl whisk together the eggs, gorgonzola, heavy cream, sage, salt & pepper till combined.
Spread the cheese mixture over the puff pastry sheet evenly. Gently place a layer of shaved zucchini on top overlapping one another. Place the whole cherry tomatoes scattered on top of the zucchini and drizzle with the olive oil. Top with a few thyme sprigs.
Bake the tart for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Videography by Dev Shahani